CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
E-Way Bill For Inter-State Movement Of Goods Comes Into Force:
- With the beginning of the financial year 2018-19, the e-way Bill System for Inter-State movement of goods comes into force.
- Under this system businesses and transporters have to produce before a GST inspector e-way bill for moving goods worth over Rs 50,000 from one state to another.
HRD Ministry Constitutes Committee To Prevent Exam Paper Leakages:
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has constituted a High Powered Committee to examine the entire system of conducting Class X and Class XII examination conducted by the CBSE with a view to prevent leakages.
- Mr Vinay Sheel Oberoi, Retd. Secretary (Higher Education), MHRD will be the Chairperson of the 7 member High Power Committee.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Multi Modal Logistic Park inaugurated at Balli, Goa:
- Multi Modal Logistics Park at Balli Station near Madgaon in Goa was recently inaugurated.
- The part is located on Konkan Railway route. It has been set as per MoU entered between Konkan Railway & Container Corporation of India Ltd (CONCOR).
- It will benefit trade and industry from economic transport solutions and state of art facilities.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Softbank Signs $930 Million Deal To Set Up Solar Venture In India:
- Softbank has signed a $930-million deal with China’s energy conglomerate Golden Concord (GCL) to produce and sell solar equipment in India.
- GCL will invest for a 40% stake in the joint venture, with Softbank taking the rest. The project will have a 4 gigawatt-capacity and will produce solar ingots, silicon wafers, batteries, and components.
Jio Payments Bank Limited Commences Operations
- Jio Payments Bank Limited has commenced operations as a payments bank. The Reserve Bank has issued a licence to the bank under Section 22 (1) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 to carry on the business of payments bank in India.
- Reliance Industries Limited, Mumbai was one of the 11 applicants which were issued in-principle approval for setting up a payments bank.
IndusInd Bank Gets RBI Nod To Acquire IL&FS Arm:
- Private sector lender IndusInd Bank has received RBI’s approval to buy the securities services arm of IL&FS.
- In March 2017, the bank entered an agreement with Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services, the promoter shareholder of IL&FS Securities Services Ltd (ISSL), to acquire 100% stake in ISSL.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS
M L Srivastava appointed protem chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi:
- On 31st March 2018, it was announced that, M L Srivastava has been appointed as the protem chairman of the Lalit Kala Akademi.
- M L Srivastava – protem chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi.
- M L Srivastava is Joint Secretary (Akademies) at the Ministry of Culture. He has been appointed the Protem Chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi with immediate effect by the President based on the recommendation of the Minister of Culture.
- He will hold this post until a regular chairman is appointed. The previous administrator of Lalit Kala Akademi is CS Krishna Setty.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India-Japan-US Trilateral Talks Held In New Delhi:
- The crucial dialogue between the three leading democratic powers (viz. India, Japan and the USA) of the Indo-Pacific region was held in New Delhi.
- It comes a fortnight ahead of the summit between US President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in Florida.
- The India-Japan-US trilateral was launched in December 2011. It was elevated to ministerial level in September 2015. The last ministerial dialogue was held in New York in September 2017.
MoU Between Indian Army And HDFC Bank on the Defence Salary Package:
- An MoU was signed between the Indian Army and HDFC Bank on the Defence Salary Package.
- The first MoU between HDFC Bank and the Indian Army was signed in 2011 and was renewed in Mar 2015. The current MoU is tailor-made to suit the requirements of serving soldiers, pensioners and families.
- Under the current MoU apart from other benefits the Army personnel will get free personal accident death cover and free permanent disability cover of Rs 30 lakhs, free educational cover of upto Rs 1 Lakh per year for four years for education of dependent child in case of accidental death of defence personnel and 100% processing fees waived for Car Loans and Personal Loans.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEAMES AND PROGRAM
World-Class Tourist Amenities Unveiled At Konark Sun Temple
- A world-class interpretation centre and other tourist facilities for visitors were inaugurated at the Konark Sun Temple, Odisha.
- It coincided with Utkal Diwas, Odisha’s foundation day. The facilities were inaugurated by the Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
Suresh Prabhu Launches Digital Initiative For Ease Of Export:
- Union Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation Minister, Suresh Prabhulaunched digital initiatives by Export Inspection Council (EIC) for ease of export at New Delhi.
- EIC is the official export certification body of Government of Indiaand has launched this flagship project of Digital India Initiative to keep pace with changing dynamics of the world.
- In order to continue the vision for credible inspection and certification, three portals have been developed to reduce transaction time and cost in a transparent manner.
- The portals will play an important role in the Go Green initiative by reducing paper usage and saving millions of trees.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
Ola Acquires Ticketing App Firm Ridlr:
- Ride-hailer Ola has acquired Mumbai-based Ridlr, an end-to-end public transport ticketing and commuting app.
- The acquisition will complement Ola’s efforts to integrate its mobility platform with public transportation infrastructure.
- Founded in 2012, Ridlr enables users to search and book public transport options on their mobile phones.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Sindhu, Srikanth bag top honours at ESPN Multi-Sport Awards:
- Shuttlers ruled the roost as PV Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth were today named ‘Sportspersons of the Year’ with their coach Pullela Gopichand being adjudged ‘best coach’ at the inaugural ESPN Multi-Sport Awards.
- Srikanth claimed the title of ‘Sportsperson of the Year – Male’ for his incredible run, bagging four Super Series titles. He became the only Indian and the fourth player ever to achieve it in one calendar year.
- Rio Olympics silver medalist Sindhu clinched the Sportsperson of the Year – Female’ title for her fantastic performance round the year, winning the Indian and Korean Open Super Series titles.
- Other winners included the Indian National Women’s Hockey Team, which bagged the ‘Team of the Year’ title for their first Asia Cup triumph in 13 years.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indo-Kyrgyzstan joint training exercise KHANJAR-V concludes:
- The fifth Indo-Kyrgyzstan Joint Training Exercise KHANJAR-V culminated on 29 March, after a joint tactical validation exercise and a closing ceremony held at Counter Insurgency Jungle Warfare School.
- Two week of joint training that commenced on 16 March included understanding tactics of platoon level, developing inter operability and sharing of best practices.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Commonwealth Games 2018 Starts At Gold Coast In Australia:
- The 21st edition of the Commonwealth Games will begin in Gold Coast, Australia, with a colourful opening ceremony. This will be a momentous day for the city as the biggest event in its history begins.
- Carrara Stadium has been chosen as the venue to host the opening ceremony. These Games will mark the 5th time that Australia has hosted the games.
- India will be represented at the opening ceremony by a contingent of over 200 athletes who will be led by flag-bearer P V Sindhu.