Here is an update containing all the important current affairs for 3rd July 2017. You can download the Important Current Affairs 3rd July 2017 with pdf capsule too.
You can also attempt daily important current affairs quiz for yesterday:
AIIMS to adopt 50 elderly people
- AIIMS in association with an NGO would adopt 50 elderly people, who are economically & physically challenged, to provide them with health care facilities.
- They will be adopted from various old age homes and society as per their health requirements and access to health care facilities.
- Geriatric department of AIIMS and NGO Healthy Aging India would provide free medicines at their doorstep.
India’s third biggest commodity exchange
- National Multi Commodity Exchange will merge with Indian Commodity Exchange creating the country’s third biggest commodity exchange.
- The ICEX will hold a 62.8% stake in the merged entity, while NMCE shareholders will own the rest
- The merger has been approved by the boards of both exchanges and is expected to be completed by December, subject to regulatory approvals.
Mah govt to remove Haji Ali encroachment
- Supreme Court has granted the last opportunity to the Maharashtra government to remove encroachments near Haji Ali Dargah shrine in south Mumbai.
- A bench comprising Chief Justice J S Khehar and Justice D Y Chandrachud granted two weeks to the concerned authorities to remove these encroachments.
- The direction came after the Dargah trust expressed inability in completing the task.
PM Modi releases a photo book
- PM Modi released a photo book titled “President Pranab Mukherjee – A Statesman”, at an event in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- It is a 340-page photo essay capturing moments from the Presidency of Pranab Mukherjee and is published by The Statesman.
- PM Modi presented the first copy of the book to President Mukherjee during the event.
- Mukherjee is going to leave his presidential chair on 25th July.
First Indian to win FIA F3 Championship
- Jehan Daruvala became the first Indian driver to win in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship.
- His victory in race 3 comes 18 years after Narain Karthikeyan won in the British F3 Championship.
- FIA F3 is the toughest junior racing category in the world, having produced some of the best talents like Michael Schumacher and Lewis Hamilton.
- He now stands 5th in the 2017 championship standings.
PM Modi adopts wrestlers’ village
- PM Narendra Modi will adopt Kakrahia, a village known for its wrestlers and wrestling arenas, under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana.
- This will be the 3rd village to be adopted by Modi in his Lok Sabha constituency of Varanasi.
- In past 2 years, Modi adopted Jayapur and Nagpur, as his first and second villages.
- SAGY is a rural development programme focusing upon the development in the villages.
PNB to block all Maestro debit cards
- All Maestro cards issued by PNB will be blocked or hotlisted on July 31, 2017 for security-based reasons.
- All Maestro debit card holders have been asked to get it replaced free of cost with a new EMV chip based debit card from any PNB branch.
- The replacement is as per RBI advisory issued in 2015, asking all the banks to migrate to a much secured EMV chip based cards.
Free education for transgenders
- Indira Gandhi National Open University has announced that transgender students can now study in any of the programmes offered by the university for free.
- This is set to benefit 4000+ transgenders in the state who have lost out on job opportunities as they don’t have necessary qualifications.
- Vice Chancellor, Ravindra Kumar announced the initiative during the 22nd Prof G Ram Reddy Lecture.
Kerala CM Vijayan launches G-Ride
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched G-Ride, a digital ride sharing platform designed and deployed for the IT industry.
- The platform has been developed by the Group of Technology Companies (GTech), the industry body of IT companies in the state.
- G-Ride app automatically matches co-workers and neighbours and help them travel together to work. It is available both Android and iOS.
Germany wins FIFA Confederations Cup
- World champions Germany won the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup by defeating Chile 1-0 in the finals at St Petersburg.
- This is the first time Germany has won the Confederations Cup in 8 editions of pre-World Cup tournament.
- The match winning goal was scored by Lars Stindl in the 20th minute.
- Despite dominating for long spells, Chile failed to turn 61% possession and 20 shots into a single goal
Agriculture budget from next year
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has decided to present a separate agriculture budget from next year.
- He also asked the officials to form farmers’ associations at various levels. – from villages to the state to organise the cultivators.
- Farmers would also be provided training of modern and scientific methods of farming so as to increase the farm output.
Reliance Capital arm invests $1 mn
- Reliance Corporate Advisory Services, an arm of Reliance Capital has made an investment of $1 million in alternative digital lending startup Billionloans Financial Services.
- Billionloans is a technology-enabled financial services company focused on providing flexible & affordable options to individuals and small businesses.
- It is the 2nd major startup investment, after Paytm, by Reliance Cap
US lifts laptop ban on flights
- US has lifted a ban on laptops in cabins on flights from Abu Dhabi to US, after Etihad implemented tighter security measures.
- Ban went into effect in March for direct flights from 10 airports in the Middle East as U.S. officials were concerned about the potential for terrorists to hide bombs inside the computers.
- Etihad is the only airline that operates direct flights from Abu Dhabi to US.
China cancels Indian journalists trip
- China has cancelled a trip of Indian journalists to Tibet who were to visit Tibet at the invitation of the Chinese govt.
- Cancellation of the journalists’ trip, which was scheduled from 8-15 July, came in the backdrop of a stand-off between Indian and Chinese troops in the Doklam area of the Sikkim sector.
- China every year organises sponsored visit for select Indian journalists to Tibet.
ITC crosses Rs 4 trillion in market cap
- FMCG giant ITC has become the fourth Indian company to cross market capitalization of Rs. 4 trillion.
- Stock hit a record high and gained as much as 9.06% in intraday trade as investors continued to buy the stock after the govt notified that cigarettes will be exempted of additional excise duty under the GST regime.
- Earlier TCS, Reliance Industries and HDFC Bank have achieved this milestone.
Chinese rocket launch fails
- China’s second launch of its new-generation Long March-5 rocket was declared a failure after an anomaly was detected during its flight.
- Dubbed “Chubby 5” for its huge size – 5m in diameter and 57m tall , the rocket is designed to carry up to 25 tons of payload into low orbit.
- The rocket was due to carry the heaviest Shijian-18 satellite and was to launch China’s next mission to the Moon.
FINO becomes payments bank
- According to RBI, FINO Payments Bank has commenced its operations as a payments bank with effect from June 30.
- It was 1 of the 11 applicants which were issued in-principle approval for setting up a payments bank.
- Earlier in January, Fino closed its Rs 400 crore domestic fund raising exercise that helped it meet key RBI guidelines including reducing foreign shareholding in the company.
Karnataka Bank’s Image Debit Card
- Karnataka Bank has launched the ‘KBL-Image Debit Card’ to enable its cardholders to personalise the card with the image of his/her choice.
- The customers will have the option of selecting an image either from bank’s gallery of images or any image of their choice to be printed on the debit card.
- This will foster cardholders’ emotional attachment towards the cards.
65 MoUs signed at Textiles India 2017
- 65 MoU’s in the textiles sector were signed on the 2nd day of mega textiles trade fair, Textiles India 2017 held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- MoUs were signed b/w various domestic & international organizations from industry and govt, 3 of the MoUs signed were G2G MoUs.
- MoUs relate to exchange of information and documentation, Research & Development, commercialization of handloom products etc.
Shenoy bags Indian of the Year award
- Writer Preeti Shenoy was honoured with Indian of the Year award by Brands Academy.
- She is India’s one of the top 5 highest selling women authors. Shenoy’s books include It’s All In The Planets, Why We Love The Way We Do among others.
- Brands Academy is a branding company in India to recognise achievements of personalities who have contributed towards building up the reputation of the country.