On April 10, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the National Convention of Swachhagrahis (cleanliness ambassadors) at Motihari, in East Champaran district of Bihar.
- ations of the Satyagraha led by Mahatma Gandhi, in Champaran.
- Theme of the centenary celebrations of the Champaran Satyagraha is “Satyagraha se Swachhagrah”.
- While addressing the convention, PM Modi outlined that sanitation coverage in India has expanded from about 40 percent in 2014, to about 80 percent today.
- During the event, PM Modi also distributed awards to Champion Swachhagrahis.
Overview of Development Projects launched by PM Modi in Motihari:
On April 10, 2018, PM Modi launched development projects worth over Rs. 6600 crore in Motihari.
- Water Supply and Sanitation sector: PM Modi unveiled a plaque to mark the foundation stone of Motijheel Project, the Bettiah Nagar Parishad Water Supply Scheme and four Ganga Projects viz. Saidpur Sewage Network – Patna, Pahari STP project, Pahari Sewage Network – Zone 4, Patna and Pahari Sewage Network – Zone 5, Patna.
- Railways Sector: PM Modi laid the foundation stone of the doubling of railway lines between Muzaffarpur – Sagauli and Sagauli – Valmikinagar. He dedicated the first phase of the Madhepura Electric Locomotive Factory to the nation and also flagged off the first 12000 Horse Power Freight Electric Locomotive and the Champaran Humsafar Express.
- Other Projects: PM Modi also laid the foundation stone for a petroleum oil lube and LPG terminal of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd at Motihari, a road lane of National Highway-2 in Auranagabad Bihar-Jharkhand border section and an LPG Plant of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) at Sagauli.