Hi friends, In this article we are providing you the Latest List of Governor and Chief Ministers of States. This will be helpfulfor upcoming Exams. Important for SSC
Though there will be no direct questions will be asked about who is heading which state, these will be indirectly useful in answering other questions in SSC CGL , IBPS, SSC CPO And Other State Level Exams.
The Governors in India are the constitutional heads. They are heads of the twenty-nine states. Moreover, they are appointed by the President for a term of five years. Governors are the figurative head of the state government. A governor must act according to the advice of council ministers, headed by the chief minister.
Read on to find more about Governors in India. Don’t forget to download these Static GK notes on Governors in India in PDF format!
Current Governors in India States
|Andhra Pradesh||E.S.L. Narasimhan|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Padmanabha Acharya|
|Bihar||Keshari Nath Tripathi|
|Chhattisgarh||Ram Naresh Yadav|
|Gujarat||Om Prakash Kohli|
|Haryana||Kaptan Singh Solanki|
|Himachal Pradesh||Acharya Dev Vrat|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Narinder Nath Vohra|
|Karnataka||Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala|
|Madhya Pradesh||Om Prakash Kohli|
|Maharashtra||C. Vidyasagar Rao|
|Manipur||Najma. A Heptulla|
|Odisha||Dr S.C. Jamir|
|Punjab||V P Singh Badnore|
|Sikkim||Shriniwas Dadasaheb Patil|
|Tamil Nadu||C Vidyasagar Rao|
|Uttar Pradesh||Ram Naik|
|Uttarakhand||Krishan Kant Paul|
|West Bengal||Keshari Nath Tripathi|
Union Territories & Their Lieutenant-Governors
|Andamans & Nicobar Islands||Jagdish Mukhi|
|Chandigarh||V. P. Singh Badnore|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Praful Khoda Patel|
|Daman & Diu||Praful Khoda Patel|
Some Trivia about Governors in India
- Sarojini Naidu was the first female Governor of an Indian State. As a result, she governed United Provinces of Agra & Oudh (now Uttar Pradesh) from 15 August 1947 – 2 March 1949.
- Padmaja Naidu, daughter of Sarojini Naidu, was the longest serving Governor of a state. with a serving tenure of 11 years in West Bengal.
- Draupadi Murmu is the first woman governor of Jharkhand.
- A.K. Kidwai is the longest serving Governor, serving as Governors for Bihar, West Bengal and Haryana.
- Articles 157 and 158 of the Constitution of India deal with eligibility requirements of a Governor of India.
- The eligibility criteria are:
- Citizenship of India.
- 35 years of age or more.
- Not an MP or MLA.
- Not a holder of any other office of profit.
You can find details about other GK topics here: