Sports GK is one of the important topic asked in General Awareness section of in SSC CGL, CPO, CHSL, MTS, etc. exams. It is very important for you to have a good knowledge of sports, games, sports players, venues, etc. for your government or bank exams. This article covers all Sports GK for SSC CGL and IBPS PO, Clerk, etc. along with helping you understand Questions based on sports events, venues, winners, records, etc. Additionally, it covers trivia related to events like opening ceremonies, closing ceremonies, preparations and events taking place other than actual matches.
Read further to important points about recent Sports GK. If you like the article and want to keep it handy, you can download it as PDF.
#1. Sports GK – Recent Sport Events & Venues
|2016||Rio De Janerio,
#2. Cups and Trophies for SSC & IBPS Exams 2017
In your IBPS or SSC exam’s general awareness section, you will find a lot of questions about Famous tournaments, trophies and cups. To prepare you to attempt those questions, here is a list to study Sports GK.
|Sports||Names of Trophies/Cups|
#3. Famous Sports Personalities for SSC & IBPS
SSC exams often have questions based on sports personalities. It is important for all you to know about all famous sport personalities and the sport they play. Here is a list of all personalities who have recently been in news and are famous, or are known worldwide for their contribution.
|Lawn Tennis||Garbine Muguruza|
|Sandeep Singh Mann|
|Shri Jitu Rai|
|Table Tennis||Soumyajit Ghosh|
#4. Previous Years’ SSC CGL Questions on Sports GK
Having knowledge about questions asked in previous years of SSC CGL will help you devise a proper strategy for the upcoming SSC CGL exam. Read the questions carefully and also try to remember them.
Q1. Who is the first Indian to have won a Gold Medal? – Abhinav Bindra
Q2. Serena Williams equaled which record by winning 22 Grand slams? – Record held by Steffi Graf
Q3. Which country is the UEFA Euro 2016 Runner up ? – Australia
Q4. Roll is in which game? – Poker
Q5. Who died playing Polo? – Qutub-ud-din Aibak
Q6. Which country won 2016 Hockey World Cup? – Australia
Q7. In Rio Olympics 2016, PV Sandhu defeated Wang Zuan who belonged to – China
Q8. Winner of Wimbledon Cup 2016? – Andy Murray
#5. Expected Questions for Sports GK in SSC & IBPS Exam
Here’s a list of expected questions based on Sports GK in SSC CGL 2017. These questions are here for your practice. Either these or questions based/ related to following questions can appear in your SSC CGL, CPO, CHSL, MTS etc. exam
- Who won the Cricket World Cup in 2008? – India
- Where one first Olympic Games were held? – Athens, Greece
- Who started Paralympic Games? – Sir Ludwig Guttmann
- Where was FIFA 2010 held? – South Africa
- How many Grand Slams are held in a year? – 4
- Which Indian Sport just had its first Premier League? – Kabaddo
- Which Sporstman is known as ‘The Wizard of Hockey’? – Major Dhyanchand
- Who won the first Olympic medal in wrestling for India? – Khashaba Jadhav
- Who was the first ever female Olympic medal winner of India? – Karnam Malleshwari, Weightlifting, Sydney Olympics, 2000.
- Which Athlete has won most number of Olympic medals? – Michael Phelps
- Which Games are held by federation of Countries formerly rules by British Empire? – Commonwealth Games
- Which Sportswoman is called as ‘Payyoli Express‘ ? – P. T. Usha
Click Here to Download Important Sports GK Questions & Study notes in PDF (SSC, IBPS)