SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Review and Analysis (10-08-2017)
Today is the Fifth Day of the most popular SSC CGL (2017) Examination. SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 exam is being held from 5th August 2017 to 25th August 2017. In this post, we are sharing SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (Day-5) Exam Review and Analysis. This review is prepared based on the feedback received from the candidates appeared in SSC CGL 2017 Examination.
Exam Pattern : (SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1)
- Exam duration is 60 minutes (1 Hour).
- The Total Number of Questions for the Exam is: 100
- The Total Marks for the Exam is: 200
- Negative Marking for every wrong answer: 0.50
REVIEW and ANALYSIS OF SSC CGL 2017 TIER-I (All Shifts : Day-5) 10-08-2017
1) Server Speed:
The overall review regarding SSC Server was good. Server Speed was improved and better than previous years. But still some students faced slight lag on the software, which was ignorable. Some candidates complain about click issue, so be alerted and check if your clicks are marked or not.
1) Review and Analysis of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (General Intelligence and Reasoning)
- Today reasoning was easy and scoring (Shift-1)R
- A couple of questions were confusing.
- You are advised not to give much time to any particular questions, avoid ego over any question.
- The Paper pattern and level of questions were better than previous years questions.
- An attempt of 20-22 questions with high accuracy will be considered good.
- Odd one out 125 216 516 343
- Questions on series, venn diagrams
- Count the number of triangles
2) Review and Analysis of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (General Awareness – GK)
- General Awareness questions were easy to moderate depending on ones’s knowledgebase.
- If you are good at GK then this section will boost up your over all score.
- As usual 3-4 current questions were also asked.
- An attempt of 16-18 questions with good accuracy will be considered good.
- This Section may be treated average.
- Rekha the untold story book was written by? Yasser Usman
- Who was Anpadh Raja?- Akbar
- What is the SI unit of Current?
- Gulf of Morrocco is between which 2 Countries?
- Maratha state lies in between?
- Which is not present in plants?
- If a line passes through Sikkim then it will touch which of the states?
- 2 Match the following questions. (Based on temples and Capitals).
- Name of Ganga river in Bangladesh?
- How many bits consist of an IP address?
- Sunlight helps to get which vitamin?
3) Review and Analysis of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (Quantitative Aptitude – Maths)
- Questions were not very tough but they were time taking.
- Timing is a big constraint.
- Advance maths sections were bit calculative and time-consuming.
- Trigonometry questions were moderate but time taking
- An attempt of 18-20 questions with high accuracy will be considered good.
- Questions from Advance maths and percentage (%, P&L, CI-SI etc) topics were high.
Type of Questions with difficulty level
- DI lengthy and Calculative
- No question from Height and Distance
- No Questions from coordinate geometry
P.S.: Advance Maths tricky and lengthy
4) Review and Analysis of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (English Comprehension)
- English had New surprises in this year CGL.
- There were 1-1 questions asked from Voice and narration.
- 5 questions from Cloze test and two of para-jumble questions were asked.
- No questions on Reading Comprehension were asked.
- An attempt of 18-20 questions with good accuracy will be considered good.
- We suggest you not to attempt the questions you are not sure of because of negative marking.
- Idioms: Will o wisp
- Synonym: Ascend, Waggish
1) Active and Passive Voice (Easy)
2) Direct Indirect Speech (easy)
3) Para-jumble (PQRS) Questions (Moderate)
4) Cloze Test (Moderate- Tough)
Today (In morning shift) questions from Reading Comprehension (Passage) was NOT asked, Instead Cloze test was asked/
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Easy||20-22|
- SSC has raised the level of questions in SSC CGL 2017 than CGL 2016.
- Reasoning is the most scoring subject while GK depends on your knowledge base and awareness.
- In SSC CGL 2016 Maths was way too easy but this time its bit calculative and time consuming (especially Advance Maths).
- Many candidates are facing scarcity of time in solving whole paper.
- This year English pattern is bit inclined on Tier-2 pattern.
- Questions on Voice, Narration, PQRS, Cloze test are also being asked.
- Vocabs were new.
- Overall SSC has improved its level and cut-off will surely fall this year due to level questions and time constraint.
This Year Cut will surely Fall.
Overall Maths was moderate, calculative and time-consuming, and English has new pattern, with New Vocabs and level is at par with CGL mains (Tier-2).
We’ll also upload more questions asked Today.