SSC JE 2017: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is the respective authority conducts an exam in order to recruit candidates for the post of Junior Engineering in several government organizations. SSC JE application form will be most probably available from 14th October, 2017 and paper 1 exam will be organized from 5th to 8th January, 2018 . I’m furnishing below the details regarding post and vacancies under SSC JE exam 2017, please have a look:
SSC JE application form for the year 2017 will be available from 14th October, 2017.
SSC JE 2017 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility
SSC JE 2017: SSC Junior Engineer Exam is national level test conducted by Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of Junior Engineer for Civil, Mechanical and Electrical trade. If you are going to apply for this examination, you can find all the necessary details for SSC JE 2017 Examination.
The exam is divided into two stages namely Part-1 & Part-2. Candidates who qualify Paper-1 will be eligible for appearing in Paper-2. Short listing will be done according to the performance of the candidates in Paper-1 and Paper-2. The final Result will be announces in the month of March/April 2018.
Important Dates- SSC JE 2017
|Sl. No.||Events of the Test||Important Dates|
|1.||Notification and application form will be issued from||14th October, 2017|
|2.||Deadline specified for Online Application Form||10th November, 2017|
|3.||e- Admit Cards will be issued||January, 2017|
|4.||SSC JE Paper-1 Exam Date||5-8 January, 2018 (CBE)|
|5.||Answer key gets released officially||March, 2018|
|6.||Result will be announced||March, 2018|
|6.||SSC JE Paper 2 exam date||6th May 2018 (Descriptive Paper)|
A candidate must be a citizen of India or anyone from the following-
- Subject to Nepal
- Subject to Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee came to India before 1st January 1962 to become permanent resident.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Burma, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire and Vietnam to become permanent resident of India.
Essential Educational Qualification
|Name of the Post||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|Junior Engineer (Civil), CPWD||Candidates having Diploma Civil Engineering from a recognized institute or University can apply.|
|Junior Engineer(Electrical) CPWD||Candidates who have completed Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institute or University can apply.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil), Department of Posts||Diploma or its equivalent education of 3 years duration in Civil Engineering from a Central Government or State Government recognized institution.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical) Department of Posts.||Diploma or its equivalent education in of 3 years duration in Electrical Engineering from a Central Government or State Government recognized institution.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil), MES||Candidates should have either a degree in Civil Engineering or Diploma in Civil Engineering along with Two years of working experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance of Civil Engineering projects.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical), MES||Candidates should have either a degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering along with Two years of working experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering projects.|
|Junior Engineer(QS&C) MES||Candidates should be having either a 3 years duration diploma qualification or have cleared Intermediate exam in Building and Quantity Surveying Sub Divisional -II from the institute of Surveyors (India).|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical and Civil), Central Water Commission||Candidates who are having Diploma or degree in Mechanical or Civil engineering|
Age Criteria as on 1st August 2017
- For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical), Central Water Commission and CPWD the candidate’s age should not exceed 32 years
- For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical), Department of Post and Junior Engineer (Surveying and contract), MES candidate’s age should be between 18 to 27 years.
- For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical), MES candidate’s age should not exceed 30 years.
Note: Age Relaxation in the upper age limit for reserved categories will be provided as per Government rules
The application fee of Rs. 100/- has to be paid either online or offline mode (application fee for women, ex-servicemen and other reserved categories are exempted).
How to Apply?
Interested and eligible aspirants are required to visit the official portal i.e. http://ssconline.nic.in and http://ssconline2.gov.in in order to apply online for SSC JE 2017. The authority has also specified the application fee as Rs. 100/- which can be paid either through SBI Challan /Net banking/debit card/credit card. Please keep in the mind that the mentioned fee is non-refundable.
* Women applicants or applicants belonging to SC/ST/Physically Handicapped/Ex-Servicemen are exempted from paying the requisite amount of application fee.
The complete details’ regarding SSC JE 2017 Syllabus is provided in the official website of SSC. Syllabus will help the candidates to perform well in the examination.
Examination Pattern (Read more)
- SSC Junior Engineer Exam will be completed in 2 stages- written test of 500 marks. There will be a penalty of ¼ marks for each wrong answer.
- According to the examination pattern of SSC JE 2016, the appearing candidates for the post of JE (civil), JE (quantity surveying & contract) should attempt Part A (civil & structural) of paper I & II. On the other hand appearing candidates for JE (electrical) need to attempt Part B (electrical) & the candidates appearing for JE (mechanical) s=have to attempt Part C (mechanical) of Paper I & II.
|Papers||Subjects||Maximum marks||Examination duration|
|Paper- I MCQ type||a) General Intelligent & Reasoningb) General Awareness
c) Part A- General Engineering (civil & structural)
Part B- General Engineering (electrical)
Part C- General Engineering (mechanical)
2 hours (10 am to 12 pm)
|Paper II- Conventional type||Part A- General Eng. (civil & structural)OR
Part B- General Eng. (electrical)
Part C- General Eng. (mechanical)
2 hours (2 pm to 4 pm)
Posts offered through SSC JE 2017
- JE (Junior Engineere) civil & electrical in Central Public Works Department (CPWD) & department of posts
- JE (civil) & JE (electrical & mechanical) in Border Roads Organization (BRO) in ministry of defense
- JE (electrical & mechanical) & JE (quality surveying & contract) in military engineering services (MES)
- JE (civil & mechanical) in Central Water Commission (CWC) and Farakka Barrage.
No. of aspirants of SSC JE who had appeared in the previous years-
|Year||No of candidates appeared|
|2012||Registered – 186938
Appeared – 102145
Admit Card (Read more)
The admit card for the examination will be available from 10-15 days before the examination at the official website of the commission. To download the admit cards, the applicants have to enter their registration ID/Roll No./DOB. They can take the printout of their admit card to write the examination.
Cut off Marks
The SSC is going to organize JE examination. here you can find the expected cut off marks and also can check previous year cut off. To check expected cut off for JE exam 2017– Click here
SSC JE 2017 Answer key
Answer key will be available both officially and unofficially. The Official Answer key will be released in few days after the exam whereas the unofficial Answer key will be released by some of the coaching institutes just after the exam get over.
Junior Engineer Salary Structure
|Departments||Post||Grade Pay||Gross Salary|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer(Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer(Electrical and Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Civil||–||–|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical)||–||–|
|Central Water Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil)||–||–|
|Central Water Power Research Station.||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||–||–|
|Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance) –(Mechanical)||–||–|
|Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance)- (Electrical)||–||–|